Fantabulous eMajor Student: Meet Christina Watson



1. What is your occupation? I am currently helping my father run his floor covering business. I do all of the bookkeeping and assist residential retail customers in choosing the best flooring for their homes.

2. What is your college major? My college major is Legal Assistant Studies.

3. How did you come about choosing this major? It has been a dream of mine since middle school to attend law school one day. During my first 2 years at VSU I had a different major, after trying out a few classes in that major I decided that I needed to change. While taking my first Legal Assisting class, I knew this was the major for me! I love the professors in this major and the classes prepare you for the work you will be doing in law school. A few of my textbooks are even currently being used in law schools.

4. What career path do you want to take upon graduation? I graduate Summer of 2013 and plan to begin law school in the Fall of 2013.

5. Why eMajor? I chose to take eMajor classes in conjunction with in-class lectures because I don’t like to sit in class ALL day, EVERY day. With eMajor you can work on your classes on your own time and at your own pace. eMajor allows me to get ahead on my school work if I know I am going to be busy a certain week and will not have much time for my class work!

6. Who is the biggest inspiration for your education? My biggest inspiration for my education is my boyfriend! Before I started dating my boyfriend I was discouraged about law school, in fact I had decided to no longer pursue it. After we had been dating a while, he encouraged me to give it one last shot, do my best in my classes, and take the LSAT. Ever since that day I have made straight A’s, taken the LSAT, and set up some law school tours to attend!

7. What is something cool you've learned this semester in eMajor? This semester I am taking 3 eMajor courses and so far I have learned so many new things. Through my Criminal Justice eMajor course I have learned a lot from the student interactional posts about crimes on college campuses.

8. What three words would you use to describe one of your online instructors? Three words to describe one of my eMajor instructors would be: Helpful, Accommodating, and Intelligent.

9. Where is your favorite place to visit in the USA? My favorite place to visit in the USA is New York. Such a common answer, but never-the-less true! The shopping and Broadway shows are AMAZING!

10. What kind of mood are you in right now, and why? Anxious! Why? Because I receive my LSAT scores, the “make it” or “break it” of law school admission, in 20 days to be exact!

11. Your favorite study spot? Those that know me, know I do most of my big thinking late at night; so, I would have to say my favorite study spot is in my bed! It seems like the time my brain should be shutting down, it decides to be rebellious and THINK

12. What is something your online classmates don't know about you? The one thing my online classmates probably don’t know about me is that one day I WILL be an attorney!

0 comments:

Post a Comment