Real Student Stories: Emily Delano, Getting a Head Start on College through Dual Enrollment

Emily Delano
Age: 17
Clayton State University

Why is completing your college degree important to you?
Completing my college degree is important to me because I want to be able to support myself in the future and have a secure job. 

Why did you choose to take online classes through eCore?
I chose online classes through eCore because I wanted to take multiple college classes in high school before I actually started college. I chose online because they are flexible classes that I can easily work in with my high school schedule. 

How would you describe the instructors you’ve had in your eCore classes?
The instructors are really great. They email you very often and clarify any problems a student may be having through emails or discussion posts. They are all very helpful, supportive, and always have open communication with students. 

Besides being a college student, what do you spend your time doing?
Besides being a high school and college student, I work at a local small business a couple days a week. I am also a speaker and leader at my church. I spend a lot of time with my family and friends. My favorite hobby is reading. 

How and when do you make time to spend on your school work?
I make time to spend on my school work (eCore work) at night after I have finished my high school homework and studying. Either that or I clear my schedule and work on my eCore lessons right when I get home from school. 

What has been the best thing about your eCore experience?
The best thing about my eCore experience has been the flexibility that the online classes offer. I can work on homework or take quizzes at any time during the day. I can finish an entire lesson at my own pace and start the next lesson right after. 

What would you say to someone who is considering taking their first online class through eCore?
Commit yourself to the process of online classes. Log in multiple times a week! Stay up to date [with] what is due, when tests are, and when quizzes are! That is the best way to be successful in online classes. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment